Jade is considered to be a sign of good health and longevity in China. However, for one shopper, a jade bracelet was a little too much for her to handle. It has been reported that the woman collapsed in shock after finding out that the jade bracelet that she broke cost upwards of $45,000.
The shopper had to be laid down by family members so that she could recover from the shock.
Read more to find out.
A woman was visiting a jade market in Ruili City, which is part of the Yunnan province in China when she accidentally dropped a jade bracelet and broke it in half.
There has been no word on whether the bracelet was encased in some sort of display case or if there was a price tag affiliated with the bracelet.
She was then informed by the staff at the jade market that the bracelet costs approximately $45,000 or around 34,000 pounds.
According to different reports, the bracelet slipped off of the woman’s hand and it cracked into two separate pieces after hitting the floor.